Sheet Moulding Compound Machine (SMC Machine)
Sheet molding compound (SMC Machine) is a process as well as reinforced composite material. The composite is a “ready to mould” glass and other fibre reinforced polyester resin material mainly used in compression moulding. The compound is produce in rolls and zigzag winding shapes, SMC compound is manufactured by uniform distribution of chopped strand glass or other fibres in required proportion by weight over moving carrier film having layer of resin compound from upper and lower doctor box.
Mix matrix is then impregnated by passing through upper and lower set of rollers with control pressure and after final impregnation compound sheet is collected at the winder either by roll winding or zig-zeg winding for further storage and use.
Compound sheet can be produce with following variables,
- Compound sheet width and thickness
- Compound sheet unit area weight
- Percentage of glass / other reinforcement in compound sheet
- With different strand length as per product requirement
Composite SMC has many important areas of applications as under,
Most widely used for Various Composite Compression Molded Components as under,
Automotive parts, high-strength electrical parts, Switch gear body, Meter Box, Junction Box, Panel Enclosure, Motors Shrouds, Generator Enclosures, Panel Tank Components, Railway Coach Components, Military & Aerospace, Transportation, Safety, Medical, Electrical, Oil & Gas, Alternative Energy, Marine, and various structural components,
Compression Molded Composite Electrical Meter Box, Junction Box and Enclosures, Composite GRP/FRP Electrical Switchgear Parts, Composite Compression molded [SMC], Automotive and Railway Components, Manufacturing of Composites Satellite access Antenna, TDH & VSAT Antennas for Communication, Networking, Composites SMC Water storage Modular Panel tanks, prefabricated house panels and many Other SMC Components for Defense requirement, and Chemical Industries for high corrosion and environmental protection, SMC manhole covers with high strength and corrosion protection with minimum maintenance.
SMC Machine Specifications:
- Compound Width : up to 1200mm
- Compound Weight : 2.5 – 6.0 Kg/m²
- Glass Content : up to 50% * (Using Double Chopper Head)With Strand length 1/2” – 2”
- Electrical Power : 6.5 kW. (Connected Load)
- Compressed Air : 4-6 CFM at 70-80 PSI Pressure
- Machine Speed : 2 – 8 mtr/min.
SMC Machine Features:
- Precision tubular machine structure with epoxy primer and PU paint.
- Precision machine components with required protective coating
- Life lubricated gear reduction drives
- PLC, HMI, AC Drives for machine operation and control